Saturday, May 12, 2012

Selling in the Highlands of Scotland!

I've had a busy couple of days making lots of cakes for my son's rugby presentation evening and preparing lots of bead sets to sell in Kiki's Craft Corner in the Highlands of Scotland. 


Kiki's Craft Corner (click on the link) "is a patchwork & quilting, spinning & felting, knitting & embroidery shop in the Highlands of Scotland." Now, I don't live anywhere near the Highlands of Scotland but I do have a very lovely friend (Sophie) whose very lovely Mum (Teresa) comes down regularly to visit and has popped up to my Shed/Studio/Shed to purchase some beads for her quilting projects - Lochside QuilterTake a look, Teresa has made some gorgeous quilts in beautiful colours.  I have seen some of her work and it is stunning in real life too.

Well, it was Teresa who put in touch with Kiera from Kiki's Craft CornerAre you with me so far...... hee hee....  We had a good chat and talked about what kind of beads to sell and decided to have a mixture of buttons, individual beads and bead sets.  I also included some 'lonelies' too.  These are the left over beads from some of my sets, suggested by Teresa and Sophie.  A great idea!


You can't see it very clearly from the photo but I have had these little 'made with love' charms for ages and had completely forgotton about them until now.  So, whilst stringing up the bead sets I added a little charm on the bottom.  This may sound wierd/strange....but I take a great amount of pride in my work and I am very conscientious. When I finish a set of beads, considering the amount of time and effort I put into my work ... they are I think....made with love!

Sarah xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hypersmash.com