Tuesday, April 2, 2013

English Country Garden!

Quite by chance I stumbled upon making a floral bead with flowers that look like a Pansy.  It would be dishonest of me to say I had planned to make these flowers because it isn't true.  It was one of those moments (I have many of these) where I thought "I wonder what would happen if I ..... " and the result was a floral bead of Pansy petals.

 
These beads are composed of many layers to give the flowers some interest and depth.  I started by creating a central core of clear glass that was wrapped in frit and pixie dust.  The dust gives the beads an inner sparkle.  On top of this layer I added a swirling layer of cane to mimic the swirling foliage around the flowers.  I covered this in another layer of glass and created the petals on top.  When the petals were all melted into the glass and the trapped bubble created in the centre I then encased the whole bead in clear glass.

I know I harp on a bit about the pucker around the bead hole but all of my beads have a beautiful dimple surrounding the bead hole and the encasing layer of glass flows all the way to the beading hole.  I spend a great amount of time ensuring the glass is a smooth continuous layer to the centre of the bead hole. 

 
I needed a garden in which my flowers could grow .... so I made one of signature floral implosion beads.  From this viewpoint the bead looks as though it is full of dense foliage and a mixture of grass. 
 
 

This bead set can be found in my shop on Etsy - Beadscrumptious

Sarah xx
www.beadscrumptious.co.uk
www.hypersmash.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hypersmash.com