Friday, March 8, 2013

Protea Implosion Beads!


Last September my cousin set me a challenge.  The Protea Implosion Challenge My cousin had taken a photograph of a Protea flower whilst she was working in Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens in South Africa. I had a good look at the photograph and decided to try and make an implosion bead as close to the flower as possible.  The Protea is still in development and this bead represents my third Protea Implosion Bead.
 
 
This is the side view of the bead.  The petals almost look as though they are still moving within the glass.
 
 
This is the original photograph.  I have used a little bit of artistic licence ... as they say ... and I did have a good look at other examples of Protea flowers on the internet.  I thought I would quickly remind you of my journey through the development of the Protea bead.

 
This is my first Protea implosion bead.  It took a lot of head scratching, umming and ahhhing to work out the right combination of colours and how to place them.  I was really pleased with the result.  It is a beautiful bead. 
 
 
In this bead I concentrated on the beautiful colours of the outer layer of petals.  I am going to develop this idea further in the futute because I really like this effect.  They are very pretty, delicate petals!
 
I think this is my favourite Protea bead so far.  It is stunning, beautiful and I found it very difficult to part with, even though I knew it was going to a lovely home!
 
I haven't finished yet!  I am still developing this bead. Each bead I make will be different and unique in it's own sweet way.  If you like these beads and want to know when more are available then you are most welcome to like and follow me on facebook -
 
There is only one of these beads available in my shop on Etsy - Beadscrumptious
 
 
Sarah xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hypersmash.com